Are you wondering how to keep the surface of your air hockey table clean and fast? Unlike the popular opinion, there are actually ways on how to take care of your playing field. Even the most high-grade products need maintenance to furnish function well. In this article, we will provide you with some reliable tips on sustaining the quality of your air hockey tables.
The answer is yes. You can wax your air hockey tables during a general clean. It improves the surface of your table, making it anesthetic and brand-new. Usually, people wax their tables to smoothen it and later on serve as a protection against inevitable scratches. However, there are guidelines on the proper application of the thin coat.
Air Hockey Table Maintenance
A messy table would hinder gameplay. Any type of foreign substance on the surface of the table would cause wrong slides, making it unfair and frustrating for players. It slows down the drops and can cause unnecessary challenges to make individual turns. To avoid this from happening, you have to keep the surface free from dirt.
Fortunately, cleaning air hockey tables isn’t troublesome. And appropriate maintenance would ensure your air hockey table’s durability and condition. Moreover, regardless of the cost of your table, proper cleaning is as essential as building its quality. We recommend you to sustain it weekly and deep clean every two months for most high-grade finishes.
Some enthusiasts don’t prefer coating chemicals on the surface of their tables. They usually stick to mere damp clots or alcohol-based cleaners because unapproved products would modify the original texture. Whatever you would select, make sure you don’t saturate the top table with too many substances. It is recommended to use a cleaner that is ammonia-free, or standard products for pieces of furniture.
Even though you have the complete set of materials for maintenance, the intensity of your cleaning process must be considered. That is why you would have to follow a step-by-step guide in cleaning the gaming field. Read the next highlight.
Guide to Cleaning Hockey Tables
Do you polish your air hockey table? Most people skip the waxing process of the surface, missing out the exceptional impression for gameplay and long life. Here is a guide on cleaning your playing board.
- Turn the air-powered fan on to keep any type of dirt seeping into the top. It would plug in the airflow holes, causing damage to the table if you let it block.
- Wipe the surface using a soft cotton cloth dampened with mild detergent and water solution. Ensure that you’re using a piece of fabric, and not harsh materials that would scratch the tabletop.
- Lighty scrapped any spills or dirt throughout the table to smoothen and clean it best. Don’t forget the water solution to get rid of detergent left on the surface.
- Wait for your air hockey table to dry. Then put some small amount of your wax to cover the entire surface. It will turn white as you wait.
- Once it dries, take some dry cloth for polishing and final touch.
It is essential to do the appropriate method since the final step of the cleaning process is waxing and polishing. You have to recognize that the resulting texture of the playing surface would depend on it. There are waxing products explicitly produced for air hockey tables, and it is usually thin coats to cover the entire body.
While cleaning your table would handle the corresponding airflow proceeding in your air hockey table, it would also save you some bucks by not needing to spend it on expensive replacements. Remember to cleanse your playing field regularly and correctly.